Top 7 Reasons Why People Will See A Kinesiologist
Kinesiology is relatively a “young” therapy, and there are lots of people I came across in the last 11 years of practicing as a kinesiologist who has never heard of it.
Kinesiology is a complimentary therapy - powerful but gentle way to help you with anything from chronic pain and inflammation, sports injuries, digestive disorders and also anxiety and depression. An experienced Kinesiologist uses muscle testing, which doesn’t test how strong your muscles are but rather, how the nervous system controls its muscle functions.
The muscle testing helps to investigate where imbalances in the body are and find a relevant corrections to put things back in balance.The application of Kinesiology techniques are endless, but here are some reasons that you may consider a Kinesiology treatment.
There doesn’t need to be something wrong with you to see a kinesiologist. Kinesiology includes many techniques, that can be used as a preventative therapy to reduce stress and help you to gain some clarity how to live happier and healthier lives. On the other hand there plenty of conditions and health concerns that experienced kinesiologist can help you with.
1) Do you have an acute or chronic pain? Pain including back, shoulder, knee, ankle pain, tension headaches, muscular tightness. The Kinesiology protocol is able to investigate the possibility if there is a chemical, psychological or an emotional component to your pain.
In my clinic I also use a combination of Dry Needling, Moxa and Cupping therapy, which all clients without exception find it very helpful.
2) Do you experience Stress?
Stress is a normal physiological response to something that threatens us, whether that’s a real or perceived threat. The stress response is known as “fight or flight”, where your nervous system releases a flood of adrenal hormones to get your body ready to react to the threat.
This is a necessary and essential part of our being for survival. But beyond a certain point, stress stops being helpful and starts causing major damage to your health, mood, productivity, your relationships, and quality of life.
At stressful times your body is not designed to rest or digest food. One of the amazing things about our brains is that it cannot tell the difference between picture (visualisation) or reality. The response is virtually the same. When we are under stress we often find ourselves thinking about the stressful situation or the causes of our stress, and for our brain it is like that event is happening, often over and over again. As a result our primitive survival instincts kick in and stress hormones are being released at times when we aren’t in actual danger and in need to fight or flee. Stress that goes unmanaged can be detrimental to your overall health and relationships. An experienced kinesiologist can pin point the cause of problems and suggest strategies to manage it.
3) Do you experience anxiety and worries? Anxiety is one of the most common reasons why people see a kinesiologist. Anxiety can be triggered by an overactive nervous system, a biochemical imbalance or/and emotional stress. Anxiety can manifest in a number of ways which include nervousness, fear, overwhelming feelings of dread and worry.
From time to time we all experience some degree of anxiety and it can affect our lives, work and personal relationships.
Kinesiology therapy can significantly reduce the symptoms of anxiety using variety of techniques specifically design for your needs.
4) Do you sometimes experience Low Self-Esteem issues? Low self-esteem can affect our well-being, for example: Fear of trying – Because they doubt their worth and abilities, they are unlikely to try for a promotion or change jobs / careers Relationship problems – They are more likely to accept intolerable behaviour from friends, family and lovers because they do not believe that they deserve any better. Often they become victims of bullying Constant negative thoughts – They are likely to be very self critical of themselves, which can lead to anxiety and depression Fear of judgement – Because they are critical of themselves, they believe that others are continually judging them as well. This will lead them to avoid sports or social events
A Kinesiology balance can help clear any blockages, old belief patterns and self sabotaging behaviours and become more assertive, confident and self-aware.
5) Are you living a passionate life? It can be so frustrating when people advise you, “Just follow your passion!” . Yeah, sure, you’d love to—if only you knew what your passion was.You’re probably the kind of person who works hard, with commitment and persistence. When you know what you’re doing, nothing will stop you. But sometimes we feel stuck and not sure what to do or where to go. An experienced kinesiologist knows how to gently guide you to find your passion and purpose in life.
6) Do you feel bloated, constipated, run down, fatigued? New scientific research showing how Brain-Body Connection works. Leaky Gut = Leaky Brain. When we stressed, nutritionally depleted, toxic or run down we tend to eat lots of foods that not good for us (because we need comfort food), causing digestive disorders, fatigue, foggy thinking. Kinesiology muscle test is a great tool to find if there are bio-chemical imbalances (including food sensitivities and intolerances), emotional stressors or structural misalignment and help the body to overcome the issues?
7) Do you tend to procrastinate, self sabotage or engage in unhealthy behaviours/addictions? We all get in our own way occasionally but some people do it repeatedly, whether it's procrastinating, drinking, or overeating. Self-sabotaging behaviours are results from a misguided attempt to rescue ourselves from our own negative feelings.
Kinesiology can help you to find what causing those behaviours and work with your shadow beliefs that stopping you to be the best version of self. With over 20 years of experience and a wealth of knowledge in various techniques, Elly has helped many adults and children achieve Optimal Health & Wellbeing.
Techniques such as Applied & Holistic Kinesiology, Neuro-Emotional Technique, Retained Neonatal Reflexes,The Lifeline Technique, Dry Needling, Cupping, Moxa Therapy, Reiki and Food Based Nutrition help aid the body and mind in overcoming obstacles such as stresses of modern life (family and work challenges), anxiety, depression, pain and chronic health issues.